No Heat? What to do next…
What should you do when you’ve got no heat? You turned it on, only nothing happens. It was working a while ago, only now it’s not. The house is getting colder by the minute and there’s a definite chill in the air. You could reach for the phone and call us OR you could do some simple troubleshooting first. After all, wouldn’t you rather fix it yourself than wait for a technician to come do it for you?
Of course, not all problems are easy to fix, but some are. Here’s a checklist of what to look for first:
1. Do you have fuel? Many people who call for their fuel deliveries forget to do so until they run out…and often they only know they ran out because they have no heat. Check the gauge on top of the tank to see how much fuel you have.
2. Is your thermostat working and is it on the right setting? For heat your thermostat should be set to “Heat” and “Auto” and the temperature setting should be higher than the current room temperature.
3. Do you need to change the thermostat batteries? If they’re dead the thermostat won’t work. It’s a good idea to change the batteries on a regular basis so the thermostat doesn’t stop working when you’re not at home.
4. Is power reaching the heating unit?
a. Check your electrical panel – has the breaker been tripped?
b. Check the burner emergency switch (usually located at the top of the basement stairs) – did someone accidentally turn it to “off”?
c. Check the boiler/furnace switch (on the side of the unit, looks like a light switch) – did it get switched to “off”?
5. Once you’ve checked that you have fuel, that the thermostat is working, and that you have power, go to the front of the heating unit where you’ll see the burner – the motor. On the burner there will be a black box with a red “reset” button. Press and hold the button for a few seconds. When the burner fires, release the button and go enjoy the heat. If it doesn’t fire, don’t try the reset button again – multiple attempts can cause a kick back (explosion) when the unit is finally fired. Instead, now is the time to call for service.
6. As a fuel-buying customer at Simply Green, you’re all set up with service from our partners at Lamprey Energy. Just call us, 24/7 at 603.430.9919 and we’ll get a technician out to you as soon as possible. And when the technician comes to call, don’t forget to tell him what you did for troubleshooting. He’ll want to know, and he may be able to give you some more useful hints.